Volunteers are instrumental in serving our mission of changing the lives of young women. We offer several opportunities to share your time and talents with Our Friends Place.
Join a Committee
Support the infrastructure of Our Friends Place by lending your skills to one of our committees. Meetings are typically monthly. Please contact us for specific meeting dates and times.
- Finance: Develop financial policies and procedures and help prepare an annual budget with monthly reconciliation.
- Program: Develop and evaluate the programs used with our clients.
- Property: Identify, recommend and oversee improvements, maintenance and grounds needs for our TLC sites.
- Volunteer: Coordinate and engage volunteers to help Our Friends Place.
- Resource Development & Public Relations: Coordinate and implement the fund development and communications plan, including mailings, newsletters and more.
- Auction & Casino Night: Plan, solicit or pick up donations or help in other ways with our annual fundraiser hosted each spring.
Makeover an Apartment
Help keep our Transitional Living Centers a welcoming home for young women. Just like any residential property, common areas and bedrooms need to be refreshed periodically with new paint, window treatments, bedding and art work.
Collect Needed Items
Organize and run a collection drive in your school, workplace or community to provide items our young women need on their journey to self-sufficiency. See a list of our most needed items here.
Support our Office
Provide much needed administrative support in our office. Tasks vary depending on needs at that specific time and the volunteer’s skills, but may include data entry, filing, scanning or assisting with mailings.
Lead a Skill Group
Are you an expert in something and want share your experiences and knowledge with our young women? You can lead one of our weekly life skills sessions. To volunteer directly with our young women, you must be at least 25 years old, complete volunteer paperwork, pass a background check and attend a three-to-six hour training session.
Help as You Can
One time needs may include a special project at one of our Transitional Living Center homes, packaging auction items for Our Friends Place Gala, setting up the day of the Gala, hand addressing envelopes, helping to stamp, stuff and seal a mailing, or other needed tasks.
Please contact us to find out more about you can change the lives of young women.